In this post we will see how to install Installing React Native in new MacBook Air M1. The same procedure will be followed to install on Mac Intel version.
Basic Software Requirement for React Native.
- Homebrew – How to install Homebrew on MacBook Air M1
/bin/bash -c "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/HEAD/install.sh)
Run the above code in your Mac terminal and follow the steps your Homebrew will be installed.
- Xcode – How to install Xcode on MacBook Air M1( You can download it from App Store).
- Cocoapods – How to install Cocoapods on MacBook Air M1
brew install cocoapods gem install ffi
- Node – How to install Node on your MacBook Air M1 (installing node.js on your MacBook Air M1)
Go to www.node.js download the macOS(x64) file and follow the video to install.
To check version of node – node -v
To check npm – npm -v
- Watchman – How to install Watchman on your MacBook Air M1 (installing watchman on your MacBook Air M1)
brew install watchman
run the command in Mac terminal.
Create React Native App. – To create React Native App. run the following command in terminal.
npx react-native init RNNewProject
Run React Native App:
npx react-native start
inside your react native project.
✨Ignore the tags✨ #MacBookAir #MacBook #Apple #macm1 #MySql #MySqlworkbench #React #ReactNative